Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 16 - October 16th


SCRIPTURE:
Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ? Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never! And don’t you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? For the Scriptures say, “The two are united into one.” But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.
Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
 1 Corinthians 6:15-20 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.  (v. 19-20)

THOUGHTS:
Who we are and how we look is a direct reflection on how we perceive God to be. He lives in us. How we treat our bodies is a part of our “reasonable act of worship” (Romans 12:1, NIV) to Him. God is challenging us here to not only refrain from sexual impurity but to glory Him in all we do with our bodies. We must honor the sacrifice Jesus made of His body through which the price was paid for our redemption and holiness.  

PRAYER:
Forever Father, I must admit to You that sometimes I forget how precious my body is to You. I focus so much on the spiritual that I lose sight of the physical. With the aging of my body, I am reminded that this is just temporary housing. And yet, until I am called to fill my reservation in Your Big House, I must do my best to appreciate it more and keep it a fit place for You to live. With Your help I promise to do my best. In the strong name of Jesus, my Training Partner, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment