Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 28 - October 28th

SCRIPTURE:
So when the crowd saw that neither Jesus nor his disciples were there, they got into the boats and went across to Capernaum to look for him. They found him on the other side of the lake and asked, “Rabbi, when did you get here?”
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, you want to be with me because I fed you, not because you understood the miraculous signs. But don’t be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given me the seal of his approval.”
They replied, “We want to perform God’s works, too. What should we do?”
Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”
John 6:24-29 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.” (v. 29)

THOUGHTS:
After Christ saved and sanctifies us into a new life, we can’t wait to get busy and do His will. We know that if we do, He will honor us and that good things will happen to us and to those that we love. And just like those in our scripture reading today we ask God to just tell us where to start. And He says to us, “It’s really simple; believe in me.” That’s it? That’s all?  That’s right. Because if we will do that one seemingly simple task God will do the rest – through us. Do you truly believe?

PRAYER:
My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine; For Thee all the follies of sin I resign; My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou; If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.
I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me, And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree; I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow; If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death, And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath; And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow, If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now. [My Jesus, I Love Thee, William Featherston, 1864]

No comments:

Post a Comment