Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 25 - October 25th

SCRIPTURE:
For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.
Philippians 1:20-24 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better.
(v. 21)

THOUGHTS:
Those who follow Christ are caught in a struggle. We know that when we finally leave life as we know it know that we will go to spend eternity with our friends, loved ones, and all of those Christians who have died in the faith down through the ages, in God’s big house. And yet, we have been saved in this life to answer His challenge to us all to “Go and make disciples…” [Matthew 28:19]. For now, we must be content to stay here and be His witnesses. The good news is that whenever death does come, it will not take our life away from us but transition us into another new life in the presence of Christ!  

PRAYER:
Loving Lord, thank You for sending Jesus to show me how much You love me. Thank You for allowing Him to die for me to provide for my forgiveness and salvation. Thank You for taking Him back to heaven to be my mediator and for the promise of His soon return to take all of us who are Your children home to heaven. Until then, keep me firmly anchored through the storms of this life in His great strength and protection.  May His undying love be mine as well. In the name of Jesus, the Resurrection and the Life, I pray. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment