Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day 27 - October 27th

SCRIPTURE:
Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
    You guard all that is mine.
The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
    What a wonderful inheritance!
I will bless the Lord who guides me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
    My body rests in safety.
                                                Psalm 16:5-9 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. (v. 8)

THOUGHTS:
When the phone rings in the middle of the night, it is rarely good news. When the blue lights of a police car are flashing in your rear view mirror, it is rarely good news. When the doctor’s office calls and tells you, “We need to talk”, it is rarely good news. But the Good News here is that no matter what happens in our lives God will always be there. When trials come, we will not be shaken because God is with us. And while our world may come tumbling down all around us, He will not let anything steal us away from His love and care. He is, and always will be, “right beside me.”

PRAYER:
Creator, Sustainer, Lord, You are worthy of all of our worship, honor, and praise. You are majestic and Your name is the name that is above all others. There is none like You. As I face this day I invite You to travel with me down the pathway called Life. I accept and believe Your promise that You will never leave me or forsake me. I know that You have already gone ahead of me to prepare the way for my coming. Lead me, Lord, I willingly follow. In the strong name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment