Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 7 - October 7th

SCRIPTURE:
Your laws are my treasure;
    they are my heart’s delight.
I am determined to keep your decrees
    to the very end.
I hate those with divided loyalties,
    but I love your instructions.
You are my refuge and my shield;
    your word is my source of hope. 
Psalms 119:111-114 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
You are my refuge and my shield; Your word is my source of hope. (v. 114)

THOUGHTS:
Everywhere we turn there is evil in our world. It is becoming more and more difficult to find the strength to remain safe from the assault of bad ideas, evil influences, and false hopes that surround us. Where do you go? If you are wise, you go turn to God and His Word. People are fickle, misguided, and disloyal. God’s Word and His love have been proven down through the annals of time. His truth stands forever and it gives us the hope that we can too.

PRAYER:
God of mercy, You alone are perpetually reliable.  You always keep your word and fulfill Your promises. Please forgive me for the times that I rely on my own wisdom rather than seeking Your face and the direction that Your Word affords. As I daily seek You will in Your Word please provide me with Your wisdom. Your Word is life, and light, and hope. In the strong name of the Ultimate Word, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment