Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 20 - October 20th

SCRIPTURE:
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Ephesians 2:8-10 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
(v. 10)

THOUGHTS:
A masterpiece – of all the things I’ve compared my life to, I’ve never considered it to be a masterpiece. Masterpieces are works of art and extremely valuable. But I am. God’s Word here says so. The Psalmist even tells me that I am “fearfully and wonderfully made.” (139:14, NIV)  When God set His hand and His mind to creating me, He finished and smiled, and thought to Himself, “Wow, what an amazing piece of workmanship!” Now, what we need to do is to put His craftsmanship on display and intentionally live for Him and not like the rest of the world.

PRAYER:
Creator Sustainer, thanks for all of the work that You’ve put in on me. Open my eyes and help me to recognize the opportunities that I have to put my life on display for You to others. I want to live for You without any reservations. Help me not to be shy, but rather to be bold, when it comes to sharing my faith. I want others to see Christ in all of my life so that they can be drawn to You and respond to Your love, acceptance, and forgiveness in their lives too. In the strong name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment