Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 29 - October 29th

SCRIPTURE:
He brought this Good News of peace to you Gentiles who were far away from him, and peace to the Jews who were near. Now all of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us.
So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself. We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord. Through him you Gentiles are also being made part of this dwelling where God lives by his Spirit.
Ephesians 2:17-22 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. (v. 19)

THOUGHTS:
One of the hot button topics in America today is that of strangers and foreigners being among us. There are passionate people on both sides of the question and neither is willing to give in or listen to the other. Those who have been Christians a long time sometimes forget that we once had no claim or right to the world of God’s grace that we now live in. We feel as though we have a right or that we deserve to be here. But we must never forget that to be a part of God’s family is His gift to us through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. Just as He has accepted us into His world, we must accept others into our lives and our churches – with love.  

PRAYER:
Forever Father, I fall to my knees today and thank You for Your boundless and incredible love. Why You would take “a sinner such as I” and make me a part of Your forever family I will never understand… but I am grateful that You did. Your love and holiness are beyond my comprehension. Just as You have been accepting and compassionate to me, help me to be like You to those “strangers and foreigners” in my world. This I pray in the name of Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment