Saturday, October 18, 2014

Day 19 - October 19th

SCRIPTURE:
Lord, how great is your mercy;
    let me be revived by following your regulations.
Many persecute and trouble me,
    yet I have not swerved from your laws.
Seeing these traitors makes me sick at heart,
    because they care nothing for your word.
See how I love your commandments, Lord.
    Give back my life because of your unfailing love.
The very essence of your words is truth;
    all your just regulations will stand forever.
                                   Psalm 119:156-160 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
The very essence of your words is truth; all your just regulations will stand forever. (v. 160)

THOUGHTS:
The very essence of who we are is supposed to be a reflection of the very essence of who God is. His morality and holiness are neither temporary nor changeable because His essence and nature are eternal and unchangeable. His very essence stretches across the boundaries of time and space to meet all peoples, races, and cultures right where they live. We must never try to adapt God’s will to our times. We must make the most of our time here on earth by accepting God’s words of truth and allowing them to guide and direct our lives here on Planet Earth, so that we can live with Him in a Heaven that’s to come. 

PRAYER:
Almighty God, I come to You today to yield my very essence to You and You alone. Mold me into the image of Jesus Christ, so that my life reflects Your character and Your compassion. Give to me the wisdom I need to see through the temptations of today and to always do what honors You, both now and forever. This I pray in the strong name of my older brother, Jesus Christ. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment