Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 17 - October 17th

SCRIPTURE:
How can a young person stay pure?
    By obeying your word.
I have tried hard to find you—
    don’t let me wander from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart,
    that I might not sin against you.
I praise you, O Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
I have recited aloud
    all the regulations you have given us.
I have rejoiced in your laws
    as much as in riches.
I will study your commandments
    and reflect on your ways.
I will delight in your decrees
    and not forget your word.
                                  Psalm 119:9-16 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
I have rejoiced in your laws as much as in riches. (v. 14)

THOUGHTS:
We go to the mailbox and quickly thumb through what we find there hoping that something of importance or value (something besides bills or junk mail) has found its way to us. But, as is most often the case, no. As Christians we find worth in those nuggets of truth that God reveals to us from our daily Scripture reading every bit as much as we do in getting a refund check in the mail. God’s truth is not limiting; it is freeing. It is His daily gift of love and direction to us and we need to value it just as much as we do a prized possession, or a savings account, or a close friend.  

PRAYER:
God of the Ages, thank You for breathing Your holy Word into the hearts and minds of Your scribes who let it flow into written words that touch Your people. Your words are light and life. Allow Your truth to come alive in our lives just as it does in our hearts and minds. In the strong name of Jesus, the Living Word, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment