Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Day 30 - October 30th

SCRIPTURE:
Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him—but some of them doubted!
Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:16-20 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (v.19-20)

THOUGHTS:
Last words last forever. There are the last words of a parent to a child before leaving for college; the last words of a loved one at the bedside of someone dying; the last words of a friend before they move to a distant place. Last words are chosen with care because the leave a lasting impact. Jesus’ last words to us are directions for our lives. “Go to where the lost are… make disciples… baptize them… and teach them to obey…” These words are not hard to understand. So why don’t we obey them? One day we will give an account of our lives and God will again have the last words – “get out” or “well done.”

PRAYER:
Lord, I love You and I want You to know that I hear Your words loud and clear. I know that there are lost people in the world all around me that need to hear Your words of love, acceptance, and forgiveness. Nudge me out of my safety zone and empower me to share Your love with them and help them come to know You. In the strong and saving name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment