Friday, October 17, 2014

Day 18 - October 18th

SCRIPTURE:
Your laws are wonderful.
    No wonder I obey them!
The teaching of your word gives light,
    so even the simple can understand.
I pant with expectation,
    longing for your commands.
Come and show me your mercy,
    as you do for all who love your name.
Guide my steps by your word,
    so I will not be overcome by evil.
Ransom me from the oppression of evil people;
    then I can obey your commandments.
Look upon me with love;
    teach me your decrees.
Rivers of tears gush from my eyes
    because people disobey your instructions.
                             Psalm 119:129-136 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand. (v. 130)

THOUGHTS:
A GPS is a wonderful thing…as long as you are able to follow the directions. Mine has a favorite saying, “Recalculating.”  Sometimes the right road is not as difficult to find as we think. We just need to know where to begin our search. The Christian also has a GPS – God’s Positioning System. It’s commonly called the Holy Bible. Reading it is a must if you want to find the starting point, know the route to take, receive in-course corrections, and reach your final destination. The right way may not be easily found but it is clearly marked for those who are willing to look for it.

PRAYER:
Abba Father, thank You for giving us Your words in Scripture that reveal Your will for all mankind. Bless me each time I open it with fresh words of instruction and encouragement. May I find both the answers for my questions and Your will for my life. Illuminate my simple mind and help me to understand how much You want me to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment