Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 6 - October 6th

SCRIPTURE:
God sent a man, John the Baptist, to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony. John himself was not the light; he was simply a witness to tell about the light. The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.
He came into the very world he created, but the world didn’t recognize him. He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.
So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.
John 1:6-14 (NLT)

KEY VERSE:
But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God. (v. 12)

THOUGHTS:
We do not have the right to be a child of God. We are given that right by God's grace. It came to us at great cost to our Heavenly Father. Jesus came to earth, lived, died, and rose again so that that right could be given to us. Jesus was reborn so that we could be reborn and adopted into God’s family again. Let us not take this birthright lightly. Let us give thanks for God’s generous gift to us and begin to live as though we belong.

PRAYER:
Thank You, Awesome Lord, for including me as a part of Your family. My desire is that my life reflects Your influence, character, mercy, holiness, compassion, righteousness, and love. More than anything, I want to be like You. Just as I was born into Your family by the power of the Holy Spirit, fill me with Your Spirit so that I can reflect You in all I do and say. In the strong name of my older brother, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment